My seed packets finally arrived a couple days ago, so sometime between now and the weekend, I will be starting my wee garden - even if it's just putting some seeds into peat pots by my kitchen window. Oh, and I guess I should really get going in terms of getting the actual garden plot set up. One thing at a time. There's still frost to contend with - so I can focus on indoor efforts for now.

One of the flowers I planned to grow was Cosmos, which are sort of a wild daisy. I am still unsure if they're actually a member of the daisy family. Let's just roll with it, shall we? On the back of the Cosmos seed packet, in big bold letters it says that Cosmos do well in either full sun or partial shade. They prefer poor soil, need very little water, and require very little attention. Um, doesn't that make Cosmos the most desirable flower to grow? A flower that basically thrives on neglect!

This is something I know I can grow. I went out and bought two more packets. I'm growing Cosmos EVERYWHERE this year.


This entry was posted on 10:42 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Clong said...

    This is how I feel about nasturtiums. Nasturtiums actually do worse in rich soil, if you can believe it. Plus they're drought tolerant. Plus you can eat them! You just can't beat that.

  1. ... on February 5, 2010 at 1:28 PM